Create.

Don’t be afraid to create your own material.

Often when we are planning a unit or a lesson we like to find multiple resource to help students in their learning or to help deepen their understanding.

The image shown above was a snap from the start of a video I recorded for a group of students in my class. i also hope that this helps other people who are searching for this content.

My class was doing Genius Time last year (Genius Hour; but not restricted to an hour as the title states); in fact we did it twice last year. Here is the students work from 2014. Images from learning expo we held for students to showcase their work.
Definitely something I recommend having a look at especially if you have older year levels; also depends on your students.

Anyway back to the focus now that the back story is covered.
A few of my students choose to create their own website using wix.com to present their information
Check out their examples here: Brianna & Hayley.

The students wanted to add images to their site but because it was public they had to find the right selection of images to use where the author/creator had given permission.
I gave them a quick run down but knew they would need help and that I wouldn’t be able to always answer as I would be working with many different students.
Knowing this I choose to create a short video that would explain this process to them that they and others could go and reference at any time.

So my main message or my point that I was you to takeaway is that you should create your own material for students if you can’t find what you’re looking for. Don’t be afraid too. If feels weird at first I won’t lie to you, sitting in a room by yourself while talking to yourself. Once you have done a few time though it feels less and less weird.

So create a YouTube channel if you don’t already have one and maybe even create a playlist for all types of videos that can help yours and other students.

My professional Youtube account
Playlist for students