New Role; New Fun

So this year I do not have a class as I did last year. Sad; but I have a great short term role and looking forward to seeing what else comes my way.

For the first 8 weeks of term 1 I have a new role while someone takes long service leave.
I have the role of digital technologies inquiry. This role also requires me to be in the library sometimes too 🙂

So far I have been helping teachers get into digital spaces, such as blogging or a closed facebook group, for communication purposes and sharing of what is happening in the classroom. This role has role included how to use these spaces correctly so that they are following the DECD policies.

This has been fun seeing teachers embrace new technology and ideas; some have got excited about making their first blog post or communicating via FB with parents. It is great to see teachers get excited about something that comes naturally for me. I love sharing knowledge and tools with teachers to help them.

I have also been working with teachers in getting spaces set up for students to communicate and collaborate. These include; Emails; Google Apps for Education (docs, drive etc), Google Classroom, Edmodo.

Being an early careers teacher still, this role has given me so much confidence.

So a message to all of the new early career teachers or newish teachers or even the teachers who have been teaching for a while.
Continue to learn but also don’t be afraid to share what you know.
We all have something to teach one another no matter where we are in our teaching career.

I am not sure what the rest of the year entails for me; but so far, in this role, it has been fun.

Keep sharing and being fabulous guys!

Jess 🙂

L&T Trans

*Featured Image: http://www.gotcredit.com/