Power of Social Media

Social Media still amazes me sometimes.
The power of communication available at our fingertips is incredible!

As many of you already know I created the hashtag #teachersinspire to be used on twitter.

I was driving to work today and the thought that many educators are not using twitter but are using Facebook suddenly struck me.
Why not make a Facebook page then I thought, so I did. I came home from work this afternoon and created a page.

Teachers Inspire is now on Facebook!

This idea excited me because I could now connect with people on Twitter and Facebook in relation to #teachersinspire

& while I was at it I decided to create a board on Pinterest related to #teachersinspire

I began sharing previous posts from the Twitter feed into this new page immediately!
I shared with all my friends on Facebook and on Twitter as well as numerous education pages and/or groups already set up on FB.

The ‘Likes’ for this page began to grow; and it was all because of social media. To anyone who underestimates the power that Twitter has for Educators I recommend you join up and jump in!

As with anything you need to put in the time and effort to gain a reward, but I can tell you that the reward is awesome!

As I began my Twitter journey as a Pre-Service Teacher the rewards for me are priceless the connections I have made and the advice received is undoubtedly invaluable to me.

I know head into the world of teaching as a graduate with important connections and friends by my side.

As the Facebook page grows I plan to continue to share various media to help inspire educators, but I also hope that other educators will also use this page to share with other educators.