Placement Journal/Reflection – Week 2

This week I just decided the do a weekly wrap up, because well quite frankly I have forgot what I did on what day 🙂

I continued with the daily routines as well as picking up my teaching load.

MATHS
I focused on number patterns eg: 10-11 all have a 1 at the front etc. I also continued with my data handling where the students created their own graph using the birthdays from the class. We first created tally marks on the board as a class with a numbers to represent the tally marks. As a class we created a large version of what their graph would look like, they then moved back to their table and finished their own (See image below).

IMAG1773

^^ Click on the picture to download this worksheet ^^

IMAG1772

I was introduced to number bingo … It is so much fun, the students love it!

IMAG1783

<<—– This is the sheet which the students get (1/4 of an A4) The students select from a variety of numbers (e.g. 10-20; because we we focusing on number patterns and getting them to write 15/12 etc in the write order.

Once students have written all numbers, the teacher stands out the front and calls our numbers; students can then cross off one number at a time (e.g if they have 11 written more than once they just cross 1 off at a time)

Students yell bingo when all of their numbers are crossed of, students can then come and call the numbers for you 🙂

Maths was my main focus I also continued with Jolly Phonics as well working with them with our Narrative; Fairy Tale unit. I used cloze exercises for literacy as well as discussions about the characters from the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My relationship has continued to grow and they are getting a lot more comfortable with me being the teacher in charge in the classroom. I am continuing to develop behaviour management strategies which the students enjoy while also being them to attention [most of the time :)]

I created a basic table for marking their number formation, adapted from Pinterest link
Instant Data

I used the table to see what numbers the students really were struggling with.

IMAG1778

~~~~

My university supervisor said to me after observing me
‘This may sound scary .. but you look like a teacher!’

This definitely wasn’t scary, I think if I was told if I didn’t look like a teacher that would be scary!!