Spreading the word … #teachersinspire

I began this hash tag a few months ago now and I want to spread it further and have a lot more people frequently using it. I have had discussions via twitter of suggestions how I can do this.

The main purpose for #teachersinspire is to allow educators to share and locate inspirational material in one place on twitter.

HOW IT STARTED

See my blog post #teachersinspire for more details.
To explain it the simplest way, it started from sharing quotes and moved from there.
@Melissa a graduate from Flinders University (’12) suggessted creating an original hashtag , which I thought was brilliant!

WHY I STARTED IT

Personally I love being inspired I mean who doesn’t…
People I follow on twitter, and I am sure there is thousands more to which I am not yet following, are constantly sharing inspirational material which of course inspire me, open my mind and make me think.

I created #teachersinspire because I thought it would be great to contain all inspirational tweets related to education in one place.

WHY I WANT TO TAKE IT FURTHER

Since I started the # it has slowed down and I wanted to speed it up again and get lots of people using and sharing it.

Everyone has those days where you just feel down and need a pick me up or a little something to inspire you. No ideas coming into your head when it comes to finding new ways to engage your students? I want #teachersinspire to become a place where you can go to help you with all of these; whether lesson ideas, videos, images, something which sparks something and simply inspires you.

WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN

After having discussions on twitter with @Selena and @Jacqui my brain was ticking.
Jacqui was keen to help me spread the world and suggested sharing this # with CEGSA
Selena suggested having a frequent forum; where topic can be discussed.

I frequently try and involve my self with such forums such as #21stedchat – #futuristex and #ntchat

These are a great way for educators around Australia .. even the world, to share and discuss ideas in one place. Previous discussions in the # listed above have inspired me and get me thinking in the past, so why can’t my # do that exact same thing.

TWEETS FROM #TEACHERSINSPIRE

1

2

5

7

Keep an eye out on twitter for updates on the #teachersinspire chat and please join in!

Jess 🙂