11 Questions

This concept was introduced to me by Andrew Woodman (@awoodman) via Twitter.

This is how it works:

1. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.

2. List 11 bloggers.

3. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.

Here are the 11 questions, along with my answers, that Andrew allocated to myself along with 10 other educators.

11 QUESTIONS

1. What moment in your life has shaped you as an educator more than any other?

I can’t say I have had one defining moment as of yet, as my only experiences as an educator have been as a pre-service teacher. I am sure that moment will come for me 🙂

2. What are you most looking forward to in 2014 and why?

Starting my teaching career, well, for the obvious reasons really! For those of you who don’t know I graduated at the end of last year with BA(Visual Arts)/BEd(R-7). So I am definitely looking forward to starting this year!

3. Is the idea of a four day working week for all educators and students a pipe-dream or a real possibility? Why?

Pipe-dream. I say this because firstly the majority, not all, but certainly a majority of parents/careers seems to work Monday to Friday 9-5. Secondly, our curriculum seems to be expanding and I would see loosing a day a week as a negative, due to the fact that loosing one day a week in the classroom

4. What are some of your favourite pastimes?

Shopping, cliche I know, but I do love a good girly shopping spree.
Relaxing just watching a movie or something
Dancing, just being able to let go not only my body, but my mind to what I am doing is amazing. I may come home bruised and battered but it is a part of me

5. What are two things on your bucket list?

To be honest, I haven’t thought of a bucket list yet, I think because I am only 22, starting my career and setting up my future I haven’t given a thought to a bucket list. If I would have to think of 2 right now, the first one would have to be to own my own house one day

6. What is your favourite film and why?

I would have to say the Pirates of the Carribean Franchise, can’t pick just one. It has action, romance and comedy 🙂

7. Favourite place and why?

It depends on how I am feeling at the time.
– Getting under the covers at the end of the day and getting as comfortable as possible 🙂
– In the dance studio with my friends. I have danced for 18 years going into my 19 year this year. It is a place for me to go and                   escape and express.

8. Do you view Australia as the best country in the world? Why or why not?

Yes, it is my home, it is where I have grown up. We have many opportunities in this country, not only that our land, our scenery is beautiful!

9. If you could pass on one piece of wisdom to every learner in the world, what would it be?

10. If you could pass on one piece of wisdom to every educator in the world, what would it be?

11. If you could pass on one piece of wisdom to everyone in the world, what would it be?

I answer questions 9, 10 and 11 with the same response,

‘Every day may not be good, but there is good in everyday

I think a good way to end a day, any day, is to find the good in that day, your day may have seemed like nothing went right, but I can almost guarantee  that there is at least one good thing that happens in each day.

——————————————————-

Now here are my 11 questions for 11 people.

It’s your turn…

Jarrod Lamshed: @jlamshed

Kimberley Dodd: @Kimberly_Dodd

Mark Sparvell: @Sparvell

Selena Woodward: @teachertechnol

Trudy Sweeney: @tsweeney8

Paul Huebl: @paulhuebl

Jacqui Knipe: @JAKnipe

David Giles: @dlgiles1

Lisa Horwood: @HorwoodLisa

Emma: @engagingemma

Charlotte Pezaro: @EDUC1706

Your Questions

1: When did you first realise you wanted to become an educator?

2: What inspires you as an educator?

3: What is your main plan for 2014?

4: What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?

5: How do you unwind?

6: How do you spend your holidays?

7: Do you spend anytime overseas? If so how long for, and what for?

8: What was one of your best experiences in education?

9: What was one of your worst experiences in education?

10: What teacher do you remember to be inspiring? How did they inspire their students?

11: What teacher do you remember to be uninspiring? How did they do this?